The Bible, in its original writings, to be the inspired, infallible, authoritative, and the complete Word of God.
There is one, and only one, living and true God eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. God is infinite in being and perfection, working all things according to the counsel of His own righteous will, for His own Glory.
In the deity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and propitiating death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, and in His personal and imminent return in power and glory.
In the present ministry of the Holy Spirit (Who in-dwells the believer). By the ministry of the Holy Spirit Christians are able to live the Christ-like life. By the seal of the Holy Spirit we are sealed and secure unto the day of redemption. And through the work of the Holy Spirit in the life of the believer, we are guided in the truth as we are taught the Word of God, which enables us to witness and demonstrate our faith to others.
God justifies ungodly sinners by His Grace. Salvation is a free gift made available to all by God's Grace, through faith in the complete payment for sin, made by Jesus Christ's substitutional death on the cross, His burial and His Resurrection. Man's efforts, regardless of how well intended, cannot earn salvation.
There is one and only one true church (Whose Supreme Authority is the Lord Christ Jesus), which is called "the Body of Christ", having a membership composed of all saved Saints from the "Age of Grace" in which we live.
The local church is scriptural. Its purpose, mission, and commission - to teach, preach, uphold and share with others the gospel of reconciliation - "The Gospel of the Grace of God" - for the maturing of the Saints for the work of the ministry, bringing about a complete knowledge of the Grace of God, which enables all who believe to be complete in Christ.
In the fellowship of the Lord's Supper to remind us of His costly and efficacious sacrifice until He comes back for His church.
In the resurrection unto eternal life for all believers, and the resurrection, judgment and eternal damnation unto they that are lost (them that do not believe).
In the imminent return of Christ, in the air, for His church - "And so shall we ever be with the Lord". And then, all prophecies of the millennial kingdom will be fulfilled here on earth.
That the seven unities recorded in Ephesians 4:1-7 are indeed the essential truths of doctrine for the church (which is the Body of Christ) to establish unity among all believers.
This is a synopsis of our tenets of faith. Our Statement of Doctrine contains the doctrinal statements, which we believe, in length and detail.
Victory Bible Chapel upholds the Gospel of the Grace of God as revealed to the Apostle Paul from our risen savior Christ Jesus. Mankind has done itís best to turn a free gift (salvation) into a religion requiring people to perform tasks or follow traditions to prove themselves worthy of Godís love. Have you ever wondered why there are literally hundreds of Christian denominations Ė well the answer is quite simple? Men have tried to know the mind of God/Christ and have been deceived to the simplicity of the Gospel.
Always remember, religion is manís attempt to get to God. Mankind can do nothing to earn favor with God, no matter how well intentioned. God has reconciled Himself to mankind and waits patiently for mankind to reconcile with Him. This is done simply by acknowledging and accepting the sacrifice of Christ as full payment for our disobedience, turning from the things displeasing to God, and living a life of committed service as an ambassador representing heaven on earth.
Questions you should consider Ė
1. In EPH. Chapter 4, Paul tells the church that there is only one Baptism. Why do most churches require two or three? Which is the only one Ė Baptism in/with water or, Baptism by Christ with the Holy Spirit or, Baptism by the Holy Spirit into the Body of Christ (the Church)?
2. Christ called 12 Apostles to evangelize the Nation Israel. Why did he call a 13th Apostle after his resurrection? And why was he (Paul) the only one commissioned to preach to non-Jewish people?
3. Christ said that He only came for the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel. Other nations were to be blessed through Israel; however, Israel rejected Christ and have been blinded and set aside as Godís chosen people yet people are still being saved and blessed. What changed in Godís plan for mankind?
4. Why do people only embrace some of the supernatural gifts outlined in the bible? When is the last time you saw someone proclaiming these gifts drink a glass of poison or speak to the United Nations and have everyone hear in their native language?
5. If we are saved by Grace (Godís unmerited favor) why do churches demand works to prove you are a Christian? We serve God because we love Him not because we have to.
Enjoy the Lessons as you grow in Grace. Dave Hobbs